Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance is mandatory for many professions.
If your business provides professional advice, offers consulting services, or handles data for a client, then you could benefit from Professional Indemnity insurance cover which includes protection for your business against:
Professional negligence / civil liability
Loss of documents or data
Breach of your copyright, patent or other intellectual property rights
Costs of mitigating a potential claim
Costs of preparing for an official investigation into the affairs of your business
Costs of representation at a disciplinary hearing, tribunal or proceeding
Protection against further actions and costs, including limited cover for asbestos, is also provided. Any claim must be made against, or loss sustained by, the Insured during the period of insurance.
There are exceptions and limitations for every type of insurance cover. Aon will discuss any exclusions or limitations that may apply to your policy as part of your quotation process.
For valuation on or after 01 May 2020, your reliance on the EWS1 form
To get a quote, either complete a proposal form or contact us today by phone
- We have access to a panel of insurers where we can provide you with a quote over the phone
- As one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers1 – you will have access to a dedicated client manager as well as the backing behind you of our established global network
- No matter what your size of organisation or level of turnover, we can arrange cover for you
- Let Aon support you and your business:
- We can provide risk management support to help you find the right cover for your insurance needs
- We are there to help throughout the year, from completion of applications to supporting you during a claim…allowing you to ensure you can spend your valuable time with your clients
For your no obligation quote, call us today to see how Aon can support you and your firm.
1 Ranked 4th by brokerage, Insurance Times, October 2021
Surveyors Professional Indemnity Insurance is arranged by Aon UK Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about PI insurance for Surveyors
What is Professional Indemnity insurance?
Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover should a third party suffer a financial loss as a result of your professional error, omission or negligence.
What limit of indemnity do I need?
We recommend you check your institute’s guidelines. It is always good business practice to also review your contracts both pending and current to assess whether your limit of indemnity is sufficient.
Will my policy cover my past work?
The policies we arrange provide cover retrospectively, subject to policy terms and conditions.
Would my policy respond if I have a claim for work I undertook 3 years ago before I moved to Aon?
Professional Indemnity insurance is constructed on a claims made basis and therefore it is the policy in force when the claim is made, which would respond regardless of when the work was undertaken, subject to policy terms and conditions.