Whether working on set, on location or even abroad, the media & entertainment tailored product offers a choice of cover and cover levels.

We arrange insurance policies for a range of media & entertainment companies, from graphic design agencies & marketing consultancies through to production technician companies.

Cover options

If purchasing your cover online, your cover automatically includes Public Liability at a £5million limit, and you can add the following covers;

  • Equipment cover – (both owed and hired in)
  • Contents cover
  • Business Interruption cover
  • Employers Liability
  • Personal Accident

On the Media and Entertainment Bespoke package, the following covers can be included within your policy (only available over the phone).

  • Public Liability at various cover levels up to £10 million
  • Buildings cover
  • Contents cover
  • Equipment cover – (both owed and hired in)
  • Business Interruption Cover
  • Employers Liability
  • Internet and Email cover
  • Personal Accident
  • Directors and Officers Liability cover
  • Travel cover

*cover is available online where turnover is less than £250,000

Things to consider

  • You will have to pay an initial amount for each claim typically referred to as an excess. These Excesses may vary; your policy schedule will show the specific excess applicable to you.
  • You should take reasonable steps to prevent accident or injury and to protect your property against loss or damage.
  • You must keep all insured property in good condition and repair.


Should you need to make a claim, please use the following details:

All new property claims should be emailed to property.claims@hiscox.com and all new Liability claims should be emailed to hicliability@hiscox.com. The claims department can be contacted on 0845 213 8899** (open 09.00 – 17.30 Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays).

The out of hours emergency contact telephone number is 0870 241 6257**, which provides access to 24 hour assistance, such as plumbers and electricians on a pay and claim basis.

**Calls cost between 0p and 13p per minute plus your providers access charge which will vary depending on your provider.



What does public and products' liability cover me for?

Public and products' liability covers you for compensation arising due to negligence if someone claims against you for injury, property damage or denial of access arising as a result of your business activity.  

More information on public liability.

What does employers' liability cover me for?

Employers' liability covers the sums you have to pay as compensation if any employee (including labour-only freelancers working under your control or supervision) brings a claim against you due to negligence for injury as a result of working for you. 

More information on employers' liability.

Would freelancers be covered under my employers' liability insurance?

Yes, any claims made against you by freelancers working under your control or supervision on a labour-only basis would be covered by the employers' liability section of your policy.

What do I do if I want to make a complaint?

Aon takes customers' complaints very seriously and aims to ensure that complaints are handled fairly, effectively and promptly and are resolved at the earliest possible opportunity. In the event that you are unhappy with the service provided by Aon please send your complaint in writing to:

Aon UK Limited
Central Complaints Team
Briarcliff House
GU14 7TE

Turnover more than £250,000?

Request a call back with a client support team to discuss your cover

Articles, Guides & Top Tips

producer insurance video

Behind the scenes with "The Producer"

Spending time with producer Mike Grey at the Manchester United Player of the Year Awards

about Behind the scenes with "The Producer"
generic media insurance article

"Unsung Heroes" at Manchester United

Behind the scenes at Manchester United’s Player of the Year awards alongside legends Dion Dublin and David May to recognise the important roles behind the scenes at the club.

about "Unsung Heroes" at Manchester United
business interruption insurance article

Business Interruption Insurance

What business interruption is, why your business might need insuring against it and how to evaluate the risks involved

about Business Interruption Insurance

The Media and Entertainment Insurance policy is arranged by Aon UK Limited and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority