Key features

Bought by Many logo

Aon is arranging insurance for Bought by Many designed for small general builders working across the UK. We can arrange cover for the following trades:

  • Bricklayers
  • Builders – Domestic and Commercial
  • Carpenters
  • Double Glazing contractors
  • Flooring contractors
  • Heating and ventilation contractors
  • Painters and decorators
  • Plasterers
  • Plumbers
  • Shop fitters
  • Wall tilers

Build your policy to meet your business needs

Mandatory cover *

  • Public Liability. A choice of cover levels up to £5 million

    If a customer is injured or their property damaged due to your business, public liability could pay the cost of compensation and legal fees should they make a claim.

    Builders insurance also covers you for use of heat*

*Eligibility criteria apply. The maximum age is 65 years. Exclusions, excesses and limits apply.

Please click here for policy documents and policy key facts.


Optional covers^

  • Tools cover

    A choice of levels from £1,000 up to £10,000 for protection against theft of tools.

    £1,000 of tools cover included if you take contract works.

  • Contract works*

    Standard cover available from £75,000 up to £500,000, higher limits available on referral to the insurer

  • Employers liability cover up to £10 million*

    If you have employees it is a legal requirement for you to have employers liability insurance. This cover may pay out the compensation cost should any of your employees get injured or die whilst working for you.

    Work experience automatically included for up to 14 days. Employers liability cover must be in force. Longer periods can be included at an additional premium.

    Temporary employees automatically covered for up to 50 days. Employers liability cover must be in force. Longer periods can be included at an additional premium.

  • Personal accident cover*

    Personal accident can cover the permanent loss of use of limbs, sight, hearing and other injuries. Covers you for 24hrs whilst at work or leisure, benefits paid up to 104 weeks.

Download policy documents

Eligibility criteria apply. The maximum age is 65 years. An excess of £500 per claim applies to the use of heat. Exclusions, excesses and limits apply such as tools are not covered for wear and tear nor personal accident for certain sports. Personal accident is only available to partners, proprietors or working directors of the business, weekly benefits, and 14 day excess applies.

^Optional covers will be an additional premium to the mandatory cover



To make a claim please call the 24-hour emergency number

0844 826 7597*

  • Call Topmark Claims Management as soon as you know you will need to make a claim. Topmark Claims Management has been appointed by Argo to handle claims.
  • Refer to your policy document for full details
  • If you need to pay out for any emergency work keep all receipts
  • Report any theft, damage from theft, arson, malicious damage, riot or civil commotion to the Police and take note of any crime reference number.
  • Do not discuss or admit liability to anyone before discussing with your insurer

*Calls will cost a maximum of 7p per minute plus your telephone company’s network access charge


Frequently asked questions

Here are some questions and answers that we often get asked. Please give us call if you would like more information on anything or if your question isn't answered here.

Can I pay my premium in instalments?

If you are interested in paying by instalments we may be able to arrange a credit facility at an additional cost to you so that you can pay your insurance premium over 12 months.  We use Close Brothers Limited trading as Close Premium Finance to provide finance exclusively for this type of insurance.  We (Aon UK Limited) receive a commission for introducing customers to them.  Your personal information and the bank details you provide to us will be passed to them in order to assess any application. Credit is subject to status and they may use a credit reference agency that leaves a record of the search on you credit file for the purposes of assessing credit risk and for carrying out anti-money laundering checks.  Full details regarding the cost of credit and applicable terms and conditions are available upon request.

What should I do if I think I might need to claim?

You need to notify Topmark Claims Management Ltd as soon as you think you may need to make a claim using the 24 hours claim number 0844 826 7597, even if you're not entirely sure if an insurance claim will be made it's important you inform your insurer of any incidents that take place. Topmark Claims Management Ltd has been appointed by Argo to handle claims.

Which insurer do Aon use?

Contractors cover is provided by Argo International Limited. Argo is part of Lloyds of London.

Who is Aon regulated by?

Aon UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

What other insurance policies does Aon arrange?

Aon is one of the UK's largest insurance brokers* and can arrange insurance for most types of business.

*Insurance Times (Ranked 3rd by brokerage, August 2015)

What is public liability insurance?

Public liability insurance provides protection against your legal liability for injury to third parties or damage to their property arising out of the operation of your business.

What liability do I have for subcontractors?

A bona fide subcontractor is an independent tradesmen or firms supplying labour and materials to the main contractor. The liabilities that may be incurred are liability to the public for injury or damage caused by the subcontractor and liability to the subcontractor caused by the contractor through acts or omissions.

What is employers' liability insurance?

If you have employees, it is a legal requirement that you have employers' liability insurance, and you can be fined if you don't have correct cover in place. Employers' liability insurance protects your legal liability in respect of injury or illness suffered by your employees or trainees in the course of the business.

What is contract works cover?

A range of protection against theft and malicious damage associated with a contract, including; own plant and tools, hired in plant, stock, temporary buildings, contract works and employee tools.

What is personal accident cover?

Personal accident cover can be arranged to provide a benefit payment, either on a one off or weekly basis, for either permanent or temporary disablement arising out of the course of your business. Cover can be arranged for business owners.

Request a quote

Simply complete the call back form and we will call you back