Starting from just £3.99 per month* for one unit of individual insurance, the PAX Personal Accident Plan can help protect you and your family against potential financial hardship should the worst happen.
The Plan provides tax free** cash payments in the event of accidental bodily injury which results in death, permanent disability, burns, fractures, damage to tendons and ligaments, displacement of bones or hospitalisation.
Personal Accident insurance is available on its own or with the Optional Life and Critical Illness Insurance. You are able to apply for PAX Personal Accident and Optional Life and Critical Illness Insurance for yourself and if required, your family, providing you are a member of HM Regular Armed Forces, in Full Time Reserve Service (RPAX), an ex-member of the Armed Forces (XPAX) or a Non Regular Permanent Staff engagement.
- 24/7 worldwide cover, on and off duty
- Includes war1 and terrorism injuries arising from active service or peacekeeping duties
- Includes injuries caused by nuclear, chemical, biological or radiological attack
- Includes sport, holiday, traffic accident and domestic injuries
- Cover can be taken out or changed at any time – learn more
- Cover available under the Family plan, for your spouse or partner
- Children covered free under Family plan or individual Plan if you are a single parent – learn more
- No exclusion for death or injury contributed to by drink or drugs
- Cover can be extended to cover death by natural causes and certain specific critical illnesses - Optional Life and Critical Illness Insurance
NEW! PAX Personal Accident now provides cover for serious injuries to Tendons, Ligaments and Tendons
This includes cover for the rupture of specied tendons requiring surgical intervention, cover for the complete tear of a ligament to the knee or ankle joints confirmed by radiological imaging and dislocation of the bones at a joint which requires their restoration by a doctor. Tendons covered include hamstrings, quadriceps, achilles, rotator cuff and biceps.
Full details of this cover are available in the policy document
After leaving the Armed Forces, this service will be available to any service person that has been a PAX member at any time and is suffering the symptoms of PTSD.
You will have access to a unique counselling package upon leaving military service:
- Assignment to a qualified Therapist arranged within 24-hours.
- Up to six face-to-face consultations, with follow-ups at a six and twelve month period.
- Consultations available for affected family members.
This counselling service will be available through PTSD Resolution, a charity (No. 1133188) experienced in providing counselling to British Armed Forces veterans and their families since 2009 to relieve mental health problems resulting from military service.
Full details of this cover are available in the Policy document.
Your policy includes access to a legal helpline which will give you advice about your rights, your prospects of receiving compensation and ways of paying for any action needed to claim damages for injury caused by the act or omission of a third party.
The Legal Advice Helpline is also available to give advice on any subject within the laws of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
For more information contact PAX Customer Services on 0370 218 4260 (from UK), +44 20 8662 8126 (from overseas).
You are also covered for legal fees and expenses up to £100,000 (maximum) to make a claim against someone who has injured you.
Full details including a list of the exclusions are available in the Policy Document.
If you are legally liable for accidentally injuring another person or losing or damaging their property, you will be paid up to £500,000 for each claim for damages you have to pay.
This section of the policy insures your legal liability to pay up to £500,000 for any one claim or series of claims from one cause, for accidentally injuring another person or damaging their property.
Your defence costs will be paid in addition, provided they have been agreed in writing.
The main exclusions are:
- War or related events
- Injury from using or owning firearms or mechanically powered vehicles, aircraft or watercraft
- Loss, injury or damage for which you must have insurance under Road Traffic Legislation
- Injury, damage or loss you cause maliciously, recklessly or intentionally or resulting from a crime in which you have taken part
- You carrying out your duties with HM Armed Forces or another occupation
Full information and a list of exclusions can be found in the Policy Document.
MyHealthPortal is an online clinic for all PAX PA members and their spouse/partner and children whether your policy is individual or Family. It provides a 24/7 remote access service to UK trained nurses and doctors, whilst you may be at home, at work or overseas.
For information or assistance with any health related query, medical condition, or if you just don’t feel well, once your membership has been registered, you can contact the MyHealthPortal medical team by telephone or online, or by submitting a text message query.
The MyHealthPortal teams’ advice and support includes:
- General health guidelines
- Personalised search of medical information
- Medication support
- Online GP advice
Additional services available:
- Case management for critical conditions
- Before or after surgery consultation
- Cancer assist
- Travel and vaccination advice
- Monthly online newsletter
Also included for PAX PA members and their immediate family2, is access to world class hospitals to obtain a second professional medical consultation to be used for medical purposes only.
This service includes:
- Professional and independent opinion
- Preparation of medical file by a qualified UK Doctor
- A full review of your case
PAX PA members can open an account and access the 24/7 medical helpline or second opinion service by visiting www.myhealthportal.co.uk or calling +44(0) 207 486 2300.
Choose Individual or Family cover
- Individual Plan covers you and your children if you are a single parent
- Family Plan covers you, your spouse or partner and your children
- Children (including legally adopted and stepchildren) are covered until their 18th birthday or their 23rd birthday if they are in full-time education.
Cover for accidental death and a specified range of disabilities, is available in units from 1 up to 15. The more units you choose, the higher the cash benefits available to you in the event of an accident.
If your circumstances change you can quickly and easily increase or reduce your number of units or add/remove Family cover, with no administrative charge. See the Table of Benefits for more information.
* Price includes Insurance Premium Tax
** The death benefit is paid tax-free to the deceased person’s estate, which may then be subject to inheritance tax.
1 Excludes war, whether declared or not, between any of the following countries: the USA, France, the UK and any federal subject of the Russian Federation.
2 Immediate family means the Coverholder and the Coverholder's spouse/partner and dependent children (even if the Family PAX plan has not been selected.)
How much does this cover cost?
Prices and payment type vary depending on whether you are a Reservist, Regular or ex-personnel.
Optional life and critical illness
If you take out PAX Personal Accident cover, you have the option to include Optional Life and Critical Illness cover within your policy. This type of cover allows you to include death by natural causes and certain specified critical illnesses in conjunction with your PAX Personal Accident policy.