Enjoy the peace of mind of knowing you're covered if the worst happens to your possessions.
- Accidental damage and loss or damage by theft, fire, flood, storm, burst pipes, lightning and vandalismLoss or damage during a move by professional removers or military transport to a new home, up to your sum insured (within the UK only unless you pay for worldwide cover)
- The cost of temporary alternative accommodation and storage if your home is made uninhabitable (by specific causes), up to 30% of your sum insured
- Contents that you or your family temporarily take away from the home while at university, college or boarding school, up to 30% of your sum insured
- Business equipment up to £5,000
- Personal possessions (including mobiles phones, clothing, jewellery, watches, cameras, sports equipment and also cover for household goods/domestic equipment while living in MoD single living accommodation, barrack block or similar shared MoD accommodation) – minimum cover £3,000 with a single article limit of £2,500, unless individual items are notified to us and specifiedon your policy
- Loss of personal money - Up to £500
Terms, Conditions and Exclusions apply. A copy of your Policy Documentation is available upon request.
- Minimum sum insured: £9,000 of contents
- Valuables worth more than £2,500 must be specified
- And Laptops, Tablets PCs and Notebook Computers must be specified
- Bicycles, if selected as an optional cover, must also be specified
- For civilian clothing and household linen a deduction may be made for wear and tear
- There is no cover if your home is left unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days
- Cover for business equipment at home is limited to £5,000
You may be entitled to a discount on your premium if:
- You have not made any claims during the past three years; and/or
- You are aged 45 or over
Optional additional cover is available for:
- Contents stored by professional movers, the MoD or military authorities
- Contents of let properties
Reduce your insurance premium
If you make a claim you may have to pay part of the cost of replacement yourself – this is the excess. Discounts are available on your premium if you increase your standard policy excess. The standard Kit & Home Contents excess is £50 (£100 for laptops, tablets and notepads).
Legal liabilities cover
As a home owner or tenant and maybe an employer of domestic help, you may be held legally liable for accidental injury to another person or damage to their property.
- Damages and legal costs up to £1,000,000 (or £5,000,000 for injury to an employee)
- Your legal liability as a tenant for damage by specified causes, up to 30% of the total insurance value of your home contents
- Payment of damages awarded to you in a UK court, which remain unpaid three months after the date of the award (provided that there is no appeal pending), up to £1,000,000
Legal Expenses cover is also available as an optional extra to your Home Contents policy for an additional £12 a year, excluding Insurance premium tax of 12%.
If you need to make a claim on your Kit & Home Contents policies you can contact the Claims Service on 0344 4124262.
Direct Group Property Services
PO Box 800
Insurance cover created especially for the British Armed Forces needs to work much harder than the standard policies on the market.
The PAX range of insurance products has been created specifically for military personnel and their families and those connected with the British Armed Forces. It covers personnel living in the UK as well as those based overseas.
Policies apply to:
- Serving members of the British Army, Royal Air Force and Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Reservists, MoD affiliated personnel and their immediate families
- British civilians employed by the Armed Forces, consultants and those employed under contract with the Armed Forces, cadet force volunteers and members of cadet organisations
- Retired and previous serving members of the Armed Forces living in the UK