PAX Insurance can arrange buildings cover for Forces personnel, provided by Royal & Sun Alliance plc. A 10% discount is available to current and ex-serving personnel, if you’ve served for more than three years.
Basic cover includes:
- Fire, smoke, explosion, lighting, earthquake, subsidence, landslip or ground heave, storm and flood
- Accidental damage cover for glass, solar panels, sanitary ware and ceramic hobs
- Costs of temporary accommodation and loss of rent
Plus you can get in touch whenever you need to, using the 24-hour domestic assistance helpline (UK only) on 0345 078 0789.
Summary of cover
Buildings insurance covers your privately-owned home, its permanent fixtures and fittings and interior decorations, outbuildings, paths, drives, ponds, walls, gates, fences, hedges and garages against:
- Fire, Smoke, Explosion, Lightning, Earthquake, Storm or Flood
- Snow / Weight of Snow
- Collision / Impact by Aircraft, Other Vehicles or Animals
- Escape of Water or Oil From Fixed Installations
- Theft or Attempted Theft
- Riot, Vandalism or Malicious Act
- Subsidence, Ground Heave or Landslip
- Falling Trees, Branches, Telegraph poles, Pylons or Lamp posts
- Accidental Breakage of Fixed Glass, Solar Panels, Sanitary Ware and Ceramic Hobs
- Accidental Damage to Underground Services such as water and waste pipes for which you are legally responsible
- Costs of Temporary Accommodation and Loss of Rent
- Up to £750 for increased metered water charges following the escape of water
- Up to £1,000,000 for your legal liability as a home owner
For additional types of accidental damage not automatically included in the Buildings Policy, for example, banging a nail through a pipe . Please note this is not available for let properties.
Legal Expenses cover
This cover gives you access to the Personal Legal and Tax Advice helpline.
Reduce your insurance premium
If you make a claim you may have to pay part of the cost of replacement yourself – this is the excess. Premium discounts may be available if you increase this standard policy excess.
Terms, Conditions & Exclusions apply.
Please refer to our Policy Document for more details click here
Insurance cover created especially for the British Armed Forces needs to work much harder than the standard policies on the market.
The PAX range of insurance products has been created specifically for military personnel and their families and those connected with the British Armed Forces. It covers personnel living in the UK as well as those based overseas.
PAX policies apply to:
- Serving members of the British Army, Royal Air Force and Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Reservists, MoD affiliated personnel and their immediate families
- British civilians employed by the Armed Forces, consultants and those employed under contract with the Armed Forces, cadet force volunteers and members of cadet organisations
- Retired and previous serving members of the Armed Forces living in the UK