Aon – your partner for insurance and risk management
- We have access to a panel of insurers where we can provide you with a quote over the phone
- As one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers1 – you will have access to a dedicated client manager as well as the backing behind you of our established global network
- No matter what your size of organisation or level of turnover, we can arrange cover for you
- Let Aon support you and your business:
- we can provide risk management support to help you find the right cover for your insurance need
- we are there to help throughout the year, from completion of applications to supporting you during a claim…allowing you to ensure you can spend your valuable time with your clients
For your no obligation quote, call us today to see how Aon can support you and your firm.
1 Ranked 2nd by brokerage, Insurance Times, August 2019
Aon is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions.
We can support you and your business by providing you with cover to help when you need it most.
Protecting your business
You want to provide excellent service and advice to your clients. But what if one of your clients doesn’t agree and asks to be compensated.
Professional indemnity insurance provides cover for the legal costs and expenses in defending a claim, as well as compensation payable to your client to rectify the error.
In addition to Professional indemnity, we can also add the following to your cover:
Public Liability cover
This type of insurance covers you (or your business) against compensation claims and legal costs should a third party suffer injury or property damage and pursue a claim against you. Cover can apply whilst you are travelling to or from a place a work, at your own premises and whilst you are working at a third parties premises..
To do your job and run your business, you’re likely to rely on IT/Computer equipment. Having equipment cover in place will put your mind at rest, knowing that if your equipment is damaged or stolen, you’ll be able to replace it quickly and continue doing your job without losing money and letting down your clients.
Protecting your premises
We can arrange a comprehensive package which is bespoke based upon your needs, we can include: Employers Liability, Public Liability, Buildings, Contents, Stock, Business Interruption, Money, Tools and Equipment
Employers Liability insurance
If you employ staff, you legally need to have this type of insurance cover. It complies with legal requirements and will provide compensation costs and legal fees if an employee or ex-employee sues for illness or injury caused at work.
We can arrange cover for management consultants no matter what your size and level of turnover.
How to make a claim
In the event of a claim, notify your client manager who can guide you through the process as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about PI insurance for the industry:
1. What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover should a third party suffer a financial loss as a result of your professional error, omission or negligence.
2. What does “any one claim” mean?
The limit of indemnity purchase is in respect of each and every claim from separate acts of negligence notified to insurers during the period of insurance.
3. What Professional Indemnity limit should I consider?
We would recommend you review your contracts both pending and current to assess whether your limit of Indemnity is sufficient.
4. Does being a limited company or sole trader make any difference?
From an insurance point of view, this will not materially affect the quotation provided. Should you change the status of your business during the insurance year, please contact us immediately so that we may notify underwriters
5. Will my policy cover sub-contractors?
Yes, the policy will cover your contractors or consultants. This is only provided, if you have taken reasonable steps to ensure that our rights of recovery against your sub-consultant are not restricted or financially limited by a specific term in a contract or other agreement. Also, the insured will need to declare the sub-consultant fees in the proposal form.
Get a quote by phone
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm