Call our solicitors PI team on
0124 5706 777
(Lines open Monday - Friday, 9am - 5.30pm)
Why Choose Aon for solicitors PI?
As one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers1 and the most contacted insurance broker for solicitors for seven years running2, we can arrange cover for your firm. We also provide risk management support to give you the assurance you need throughout the year.
- Dedicated client managers who are Lexcel Trained Consultants and legal sector experts, to help make the PI renewal process as smooth as possible
- Cover provided through “A rated” insurers
- Access to our Quality Assurance Risk Management Portal
- Free compliance helpline services providing direct access to specialist advisers on any aspect of compliance, client care or disciplinary issues3
As one of our clients, you can take advantage of our Quality Assurance & Risk Management (QARM) resources just for solicitors at no extra cost.
Through our QARM resource, we can provide your firm with:
Solicitors Professional Indemnity Product Cover
- Various limits available
- A rated insurers
All solicitors in England and Wales
A team of specialists will personally guide and support you any time you need to report a circumstance or claims.
As well as arranging professional indemnity insurance for solicitors, we can also help arrange:
- Office insurance
- Fleet or business car insurance
- Directors & officers liability insurance
- Cyber risk insurance
Frequently asked questions about solicitors Professional Indemnity insurance:
- What is Professional Indemnity insurance (PI)?
Solicitors Professional Indemnity Insurance provides cover should a third party suffer a financial loss as a result of your professional error, omission or negligence.
- What limit of indemnity do I need?
We recommend you check the Solicitors Regulation Authority requirements. It’s always good business practice to also review your contracts, both pending and current, to assess whether your limit is sufficient, taking into account if a claim is made in a number of years.
- Will my policy cover my past work?
Yes. The PI policies we arrange provide cover retrospectively.
- Would my policy respond if I have a claim for work I undertook three years ago before I moved to Aon?
Professional Indemnity Insurance is constructed on a claims made basis and therefore it is the policy in force when the claim is made, which would respond, regardless of when the work was undertaken, subject to policy terms and conditions.
2 The Law Society PII Survey 2017/2018, based on a survey of 605 respondents.
3 20 minute maximum call duration applies per query. Provided by Weightmans LLP.
Here's a taster of our QARM resources
Operational Risk Management during the retainer
In this webinar and companion article we look at risk management during the retainer, such as compliance considerations, good file management and proper client communication.