Accountants Professional Indemnity Insurance

For practicing firms of Accountants, Bookkeepers and Taxation Practitioners

Get in touch

Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance is mandatory for Accountants and Taxation Practitioners to comply with their respective professional bodies. 

If your business provides professional advice, offers consulting services, or handles data for a client, then Professional Indemnity insurance cover, could protect your business against: 

  • Professional Negligence / Civil Liability 
  • Defence Costs 
  • Representation Costs for Disciplinary Hearings 
  • Loss of Documents / Data 
  • Compensation Costs for Court Attendance 
  • Libel, Slander & Defamation

Aon is one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers (ranked 3rd by brokerage, Insurance Times, September 2018). We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients; our retention rates* are proof of our strong rapport in this price driven market place.

Key Benefits

  • You'll be assigned a dedicated client manager, who will be there to assist you from start to finish throughout the customer journey. 
  • Our experience as a broker means we can be confident in our ability to arrange your professional indemnity insurance. 
  • We consider ourselves specialists in your sector - we understand the finance industry and appreciate the challenges as an accountant you may face.. 
  • We have a wealth of experience - cumulatively our team has over 26 years' experience.
  • We have access to multiple A Rated insurers.
  • We can arrange policies compliant with the ICAEW, ICAS, ICAI, ACCA and other leading Accountancy bodies.

*On average 91% of our clients choose to stay with us (Accountants PI retention rate report, December 2018).


Practicing firms of accountants, Bookkeepers and Taxation Practitioners.

  • Complete a proposal form and send it back to us by email at
  • Terms and conditions may apply

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about PI insurance for the industry: 

What is Professional Indemnity insurance? 
Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover should a third party suffer a financial loss as a result of your professional error, omission or negligence. 

What limit of indemnity do I need? 
We recommend you check your institute’s guidelines. It is always good practice to review your contracts both pending and current to assess whether your limit of indemnity is sufficient. 

Will my policy cover my past work? 
The policies we arrange provide cover retrospectively, subject to policy terms and conditions.

Would my policy respond if I have a claim for work I undertook 3 years ago before I moved to Aon? 
Professional Indemnity is constructed on a claim made basis and it is the policy in force when the claim is made, which would respond regardless of when the work was undertaken, subject to policy terms and conditions.

How do I make claim?
In the event of a claim, notify your client manager who can guide you through the process as soon as possible.

Accountants Professional Indemnity insurance is arranged by Aon UK Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Get in Touch
If you would like to speak to us to discuss the options available to you please call on:

0124 5706 770

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5.30pm

Forms & Documents

In addition to arranging Professional Indemnity Insurance, we also offer access to a range of other insurance products including

Motor Insurance

for work or private vehicles

Office Insurance

for if you work at business premises or home

Find out more

Cyber Insurance

for professional firms

Find out more