Cyber Risk Protection for schools arranged by Aon
Schools like any other business are increasingly dependent on technology. A data breach or ‘cyber-attack’ can lead to lost income, a damaged reputation, and legal and regulatory costs, not to mention the associated business disruption to your school.
Is your school at risk?
- hold sensitive personal data such as names and addresses or banking information;
- are reliant on computer systems to conduct your school’s business activities;
- have a website;
- are subject to a payment card industry (PCI) merchant services agreement;
Then your school could be vulnerable to a data breach or loss of vital business services.
Cyber risk management resources
Below you will find a series of useful articles, guides and tools that SMEs can employ in order to reduce the threats posed by cyber-crime and reduce the risk of a data breach.
Protect your school
Aon can arrange cyber insurance to address risk exposures. As well as covering losses that may be incurred, this also ensures expertise is available when a data breach occurs.
Your cover could include:
• Regulatory defence and penalties
• Website media content liability
• PCI fines, expenses and costs
• First party data protection loss
• Cyber extortion loss
• Privacy breach response services
• Business interruption cover following a claim
How Aon can help
We are happy to talk to you about Cyber Liability insurance which can protect your school against the financial losses caused by breaches of your network security, infringements of data protection laws, employee abuse of email or libellous content on your website.
These losses might be revenue losses or they might be payment for damages to affected individuals. Cyber Liability insurance can also cover the costs of data restoration, reputation management and crisis management in the wake of an incident.
The following products or services are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority:
- Cyber Risk Management Resources provided by Aon UK Limited
- Breach Response Services provided and facilitated by insurers