Tradesmans Insurance

Business insurance arranged by Aon for Trades and Construction professionals

Get in touch

What insurance do I need as a tradesman? 

The main policy that most tradesmen need is public liability insurance which protects your business from any claims arising from property damage or injury caused by you (or your employees) in your business activity. 

There are a number of additional covers you may require:

  • Employer’s liability insurance – (a legal requirement if you have any employees) 
  • Tools and plant Cover 
  • Contact works 
  • Personal accident 
  • Commercial Legal Expenses 

Tradesman Insurance – arranged by Aon 

We work with some of the UK’s leading Insurers to arrange a tradesman insurance policy that you can tailor to suit your business needs. 

Speak to one of our team for help in getting cover for your business. 

Core Cover

  • Public liability
    Protects your business from compensation, claimants costs and expenses arising from an accidental injury to a person or damage of property plus any costs and expenses incurred in the of the defence of a claim

Optional covers

  • Employers Liability
    Covers compensation, claimants costs and expenses for any employee who sustains an injury arising out of and in the course of your businesses employment
  • Tools
    Covers damage to construction plant and tools
  • Contract Works
    Covers liability, property and material in the process of the build
  • Personal Accident
    covers partner, proprietor or working director of the Insured between the ages of 16 and 65 years, should they sustain an accidental bodily injury
  • Commercial Legal Expenses
    covers legal expenses, compensation, data protection compensation, HMRC investigation, contract disputes, jury service allowance and witness attendance allowance incurred in the pursuit or defence of a claim – Provided by Abbey Legal

You MUST always let us know if there are any changes to your business. Failing to do so could invalidate your insurance policy.

  • Work on bulk oil, petrol, gas or chemical storage tanks or chambers
  • Work on railways, tunnels or motorways
  • Work on blast furnaces, bridges, chimney shafts, collieries, docks, gas works, mines, oil refineries, power stations, pylons, reservoirs, steeples, towers or viaducts
  • Quarrying, blasting or diving operations, water diversion, dam construction or work behind dams
  • The use of explosives, tunnelling or piling work, underpinning or deliberate de-watering of the site
  • The making of excavations exceeding in any part a depth of two metres from the surface
  • The construction of public roads or the laying of main sewers unless incidental to any building contract undertaken by the Insured.
  • Cyber risks

Please request a copy of the policy document for the full detailed list of exclusions

Maven Tradesman is arranged by Aon UK Limited and underwritten by Maven Underwriters, which is a Managing General Agent operating under a delegated underwriting and claims handling authority on behalf of Aviva Insurance Limited and Allianz Insurance plc. Maven Underwriters is a trading name of Aon UK Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Get a quote by phone

Call our UK-based team 0345 004 4918

(Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm)


How blockchain could transform your business

Cryptocurrency has dominated the news as of late but it's the technology behind it that has the potential to revolutionise the way we all do business.

Find out more

Five millennial myths busted

There’s no such thing as the millennial customer – or is there?

Find out more