Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance is mandatory for many professions.
If your business provides professional advice, offers consulting services, or handles data for a client, then Professional Indemnity insurance cover could protect your business against:
Professional Negligence on a Civil Liability
Loss of Documents or Data
Infringement of Copyright or Patent-Pursuit
Aon is one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers (ranked 5th by brokerage, Insurance Times, August 2017).
We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients; our retention rates* are proof of our strong rapport in this price driven market place.
- You’ll be assigned a dedicated client manager, who will be there to assist you from start to finish throughout your journey.
- Our experience as a broker means we can be confident in our ability to arrange your insurance.
- We consider ourselves specialists in your sector – we understand the industry and appreciate the challenges you may face on a daily basis.
- We have a wealth of experience – cumulatively our team has over 25 years’ experience.
In addition to arranging PI insurance, we also offer access to a range of other insurance products including:
- Defence costs are paid in addition to the Limit of Indemnity
- Worldwide cover excluding US, US Virgin Islands and Canada
- Cover for previous firms and retired principals as declared
- Cover for consultants and self employed staff
- Free legal helpline and contract review service
- Mitigation and Investigation costs
- Court attendance compensation
- Representation costs for disciplinary hearings
- Loss of, or damage to documents/data
- Secondments to another firm or Company
Terms and Conditions may apply
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about PI insurance for Surveyors
What is Professional Indemnity insurance?
Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover should a third party suffer a financial loss as a result of your professional error, omission or negligence.
What limit of indemnity do I need?
We recommend you check your institute’s guidelines. It is always good business practice to also review your contracts both pending and current to assess whether your limit of indemnity is sufficient.
Will my policy cover my past work?
The policies we arrange are fully retro-active providing cover retrospectively, subject to policy terms and conditions.
Would my policy respond if I have a claim for work I undertook 3 years ago before I moved to Aon?
Professional Indemnity insurance is constructed on a claims made basis and therefore it is the policy in force when the claim is made, which would respond regardless of when the work was undertaken, subject to policy terms and conditions.
In the event of a claim, notify Aon Claims Solutions (ACS) as soon as possible. Any notifications must be made to:
Aon Claims Solutions
PO Box 730
Call: 0207 086 4099
*On average 91% of our clients choose to stay with us (Construction retention rate year to date December 2017)
Surveyors Professional Indemnity insurance is arranged by Aon UK Limited and underwritten by Maven Underwriters, which is a managing General Agent operating under a delegated underwriting authority and claims authority on behalf of the insurer’s. Maven Underwriters is a trading name of Aon UK Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Call us now on
Monday to Friday: 9am - 5:30pm
Run a micro-business? Here's why outsourcing is your best friend
Every owner of a small company or micro-business should ask themselves whether they need to do everything. Many essential activities are not directly connected to making money – from maintaining the IT system to emptying bins and changing light bulbs.