Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance is mandatory for many professions.
If your business provides professional advice, offers consulting services, or handles data for a client, then Professional Indemnity insurance cover could protect your business against:
Professional Negligence / Civil Liability
Loss of Documents or Data
Infringement of Copyright or Patent-Pursuit
To get a quote, either complete a proposal form or contact us today by phone
Aon is one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers (ranked 2nd by brokerage, Insurance Times, August 2019).
We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients; our retention rates* are proof of our strong rapport in this price driven market place.
- You’ll be assigned a dedicated client manager, who will be there to assist you from start to finish throughout your journey.
- Our experience as a broker means we can be confident in our ability to arrange your insurance.
- We consider ourselves specialists in your sector – we understand the industry and appreciate the challenges you may face on a daily basis.
- We have a wealth of experience – cumulatively our team has over 25 years’ experience.
In addition to arranging PI insurance, we also offer access to a range of other insurance products including:
- Office insurance for you if you work at business premises or at home - find out more
- Cyber insurance for professional firms - find out more
*On average 90% of our clients choose to stay with us. (Construction retention rate year to date Dec 2018)
Surveyors Professional Indemnity Insurance is arranged by Aon UK Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about PI insurance for Surveyors
What is Professional Indemnity insurance?
Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover should a third party suffer a financial loss as a result of your professional error, omission or negligence.
What limit of indemnity do I need?
We recommend you check your institute’s guidelines. It is always good business practice to also review your contracts both pending and current to assess whether your limit of indemnity is sufficient.
Will my policy cover my past work?
The policies we arrange are fully retro-active providing cover retrospectively, subject to policy terms and conditions.
Would my policy respond if I have a claim for work I undertook 3 years ago before I moved to Aon?
Professional Indemnity insurance is constructed on a claims made basis and therefore it is the policy in force when the claim is made, which would respond regardless of when the work was undertaken, subject to policy terms and conditions.