Professional Indemnity Insurance for Surveyors

Get in touch

Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance is mandatory for many professions.

If your business provides professional advice, offers consulting services, or handles data for a client, then Professional Indemnity insurance cover could protect your business against:

Professional Negligence / Civil Liability

Defence Costs

Loss of Documents or Data

Infringement of Copyright or Patent-Pursuit 

To get a quote, either complete a proposal form or contact us today by phone

Aon is one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers (ranked 5th by brokerage, Insurance Times, August 2017). 

We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients; our retention rates* are proof of our strong rapport in this price driven market place. 

Key benefits

  • You’ll be assigned a dedicated client manager, who will be there to assist you from start to finish throughout your journey.
  • Our experience as a broker means we can be confident in our ability to arrange your insurance. 
  • We consider ourselves specialists in your sector – we understand the industry and appreciate the challenges you may face on a daily basis. 
  • We have a wealth of experience – cumulatively our team has over 25 years’ experience. 

In addition to arranging PI insurance, we also offer access to a range of other insurance products including: 

Product Summary

  • Defence costs are paid in addition to the Limit of Indemnity
  • Worldwide cover excluding US, US Virgin Islands and Canada
  • Cover for previous firms and retired principals as declared
  • Cover for consultants and self employed staff
  • Free legal helpline and contract review service
  • Pollution
  • Mitigation and Investigation costs
  • Court attendance compensation
  • Representation costs for disciplinary hearings
  • Loss of, or damage to documents/data
  • Secondments to another firm or Company

Terms and Conditions may apply

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about PI insurance for Surveyors 

What is Professional Indemnity insurance?
Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover should a third party suffer a financial loss as a result of your professional error, omission or negligence. 

What limit of indemnity do I need?
We recommend you check your institute’s guidelines. It is always good business practice to also review your contracts both pending and current to assess whether your limit of indemnity is sufficient. 

Will my policy cover my past work?
The policies we arrange are fully retro-active providing cover retrospectively, subject to policy terms and conditions. 

Would my policy respond if I have a claim for work I undertook 3 years ago before I moved to Aon?
Professional Indemnity insurance is constructed on a claims made basis and therefore it is the policy in force when the claim is made, which would respond regardless of when the work was undertaken, subject to policy terms and conditions. 

In the event of a claim, notify Aon Claims Solutions (ACS) as soon as possible. Any notifications must be made to: 

Aon Claims Solutions
PO Box 730
Call: 0207 086 4099

N.B. If you decide to email your claims notification to ACS, please ensure that the message is received safely by requesting a confirmation of email receipt.

Get a quote

0124 5706 772

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5:30pm

In addition to arranging Professional Indemnity Insurance, we also offer access to a range of other insurance products including

Fleet Insurance

We can arrange insurance for a small group of motors or a single business car.

More information

Cyber Insurance

for professional firms

Find out more

Office Insurance

for if you work at business premises or home

Find out more