Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance is mandatory for many professions.
If your business provides professional advice, offers consulting services, or handles data for a client, then you could benefit from Professional Indemnity insurance cover which protects your business against:
Professional Negligence / Civil Liability
Loss of Documents or Data
Infringement of Copyright or Patent-Pursuit
Defamation, Libel and Slander
Aon is one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers (ranked 3rd by brokerage, Insurance Times, September 2018).
We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients; our retention rates* are proof of our strong rapport in this price drive market place.
- You’ll be assigned a dedicated client manager, who will be there to assist you from start to finish throughout the customer journey.
- Our experience as a broker means we can be confident in our ability to arrange your insurance.
- We consider ourselves specialists in your sector – we understand the industry and appreciate the challenges you may face on a daily basis.
- We have a wealth of experience – cumulatively our team has over 26 years’ experience.
- We have access to multiple A Rated insurers.
In addition to arranging PI insurance, we also offer access to a range of other insurance products including:
- Motor insurance (for work or private vehicles)
- Office insurance (if you work at business premises or at home)
- Cyber insurance (for professional firms)
*On average 90% of our clients choose to stay with us (Construction PI retention report, December 2018).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about PI insurance for Engineers.
1. What is Professional Indemnity insurance?
Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover should a third party suffer a financial loss as a result of your professional error, omission or negligence.
2. What limit of indemnity do I need?
We recommend you check your institute’s guidelines. It is always good business practice to also review your contracts both pending and current to assess whether your limit of indemnity is sufficient.
3. Will my policy cover my past work?
The policies we arrange are fully retro-active providing cover retrospectively, subject to terms and conditions.
4. Would my policy respond if I have a claim for work I undertook 3 years ago before I moved to Aon?
Professional Indemnity is constructed on a claims made basis and therefore it is the policy in force when the claim is made, which would respond regardless of when the work was undertaken, subject to policy terms and conditions.
5. How do I make a claim?
In the event of a claim, notify your client manager who can guide you through the process as soon as possible.
Engineers Professional Indemnity insurance is arranged by Aon UK Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.