Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance is mandatory for many professions.
If your business provides professional advice, offers consulting services, or handles data for a client, then you could benefit from Professional Indemnity insurance cover which protects your business against:
Professional Negligence / Civil Liability
Loss of Documents or Data
Infringement of Copyright or patents (pursuit & defence)
Defamation, Libel and Slander
Aon is one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers (ranked 3rd by brokerage, Insurance Times, August 2018) with offices across the UK supporting businesses of all sizes.
We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients
Our retention rates are proof of our strong rapport in this price drive market place.
You’ll be assigned a dedicated client manager
Who will be there to assist you from start to finish throughout the customer journey.
Our experience as a broker means we can be confident in our ability
To arrange your professional indemnity insurance and support you through the claims process.
We consider ourselves specialists in your sector
We understand the industry and appreciate the challenges you may face on a daily basis.
We have a wealth of experience
Cumulatively our team has over 26 years’ experience arranging insurance for professional firms and small businesses.
We have access to exclusive policies by profession
The Policy is fully compliant with the Architects Registration Board (ARB) requirements.
On average 90%* of our clients choose to stay with us
(*Construction retention rate year to date Dec 2018 )
- Civil Liability cover compliant with ARB requirements
- Criminal prosecution defence costs for building regulation/health and safety legislation up to £1,000,000 in the Aggregate
- Asbestos cover up to £1,000,000 in the Aggregate including all costs
- Innocent non-disclosure protection
- Defence costs are paid in addition to the limit of indemnity
- Worldwide cover excluding US, US Virgin Islands and Canada
- Joint venture/consortium protection
- Cover for previous firms and retired principals as declared
- Compensation costs for Court attendance
- Cyber Liability
- Mitigation and investigation costs
- Infringement of copyright or patents (pursuit & defence)
- Defamation, Libel and Slander
- Loss of/damage to documents/data
- Secondments to another firm or company
- Public Relations expenses
- Representation costs for disciplinary hearings
- Cover includes claims arising from independent third parties where there is a controlling, financial or executive interest by you
- Waiver of subrogation rights against employees/consultants/self-employed staff
Practicing firms of Architects
- Fee income under £250k ; get a quote over the phone by calling 0124 5706 772
- Fee income over £250k; complete and submit a proposal form and send it back to us
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about PI insurance for Architects.
1. What is Professional Indemnity insurance?
Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover should a third party suffer a financial loss as a result of your professional error, omission or negligence.
2. What limit of indemnity do I need?
We recommend you check your institute’s guidelines. It is always good business practice to also review your contracts both pending and current to assess whether your limit of indemnity is sufficient.
3. Will my policy cover my past work?
The policies we arrange are fully retro-active providing cover retrospectively, subject to terms and conditions.
4. Would my policy respond if I have a claim for work I undertook 3 years ago before I moved to Aon?
Professional Indemnity is constructed on a claims made basis and therefore it is the policy in force when the claim is made, which would respond regardless of when the work was undertaken, subject to policy terms and conditions.
5. How do I make a claim?
In the event of a claim, notify Aon's Claims Solutions (ACS) as soon as possible. Any notifications must be made to:
Aon's Claims Solutions
PO Box 730
Call: 0207 086 4099
N.B. If you decide to email your claims notification to ACS, please ensure that the message is received safely by requesting a confirmation of email receipt.
Architects Professional Indemnity insurance is arranged by Aon UK Limited and underwritten by Maven Underwriters, which is a managing General Agent operating under a delegated underwriting authority and claims authority on behalf of the insurer’s. Maven Underwriters is a trading name of Aon UK Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Get in Touch
for firms with a fee income under £250k we can quote over the phone
Monday to Friday: 9am - 5:30pm