The Motor Group Policy
The Motor Group policy is aimed at firms that require 'fleet' type cover, and caters for one or more eligible1 vehicles designed to cover cars registered to a professional practice or an employee of the practice, under a single policy with one renewal date.
There is no minimum number of vehicles
One premium with a single renewal date
Fully comprehensive cover
- Liability to third parties
- Damage to or loss of the insured vehicle including its accessories.
- The policy cover extends to all EU countries and includes 90 days automatic cover when outside of the UK
- Personal belongings cover - £350 limit each incident (including luggage racks, roof boxes and cycle carriers)
- Medical expenses cover - £500 per person
- Uninsured loss recovery and courtesy car following accident
- Fitted audio and visual equipment - no limit
- Loss/theft of key cover- no limit
- Personal accident benefits up to £5,000 limit each incident
- Misfueling cover
- Direct claim service2 including free courtesy car and 24 hour assistance
Plus extra benefits
Legal expenses cover, at no additional cost
Eligibility for UK use
- Works in a professional occupation
- Principal driver is aged 25 or more
- Drivers are 20 years old and over
- Up to 25 cars covered
Download the Motor Group Policy Document.
Aon is one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers (ranked 5th by brokerage, Insurance Times, August 2017).
Aon Professional Services Group specialise in Professional Indemnity, Motor and Office insurance for specific industries.
Whatever your size, as an Aon client you’ll benefit from a personal service, delivered by our Client Managers.
To make a claim
Call the Aviva3 Commercial Helpline on 0800 051 92144
A dedicated Personal Incident Manager will handle your claim from beginning to end.
Please have the following information available when calling:
- Your policy number or certificate of motor insurance number
- Policyholder name
- Expiry date of your policy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Motor Group insurance:
Why should we be interested in this policy? We don't have company cars and the partners arrange their own insurance
The scheme is designed to accommodate individually owned vehicles including “cash for car” vehicles*
- the cars do not need to be owned or leased by the practice
- the aim is to provide a quote combined with a wide scope of cover
* Exclusions may apply click here for details
Why should we worry about business use?
The practice has third party contingent liability cover under the office policy.This is only likely to provide adequate protection if you can demonstrate that all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure proper cover is arranged elsewhere.If not, insurers are unlikely to indemnify.
The cars have different renewal dates. How do I transfer them to the Motor Group policy?
You can set up an initial policy and then add the remaining cars at a pro-rata premium as they fall due for renewal, tailoring the cover for each car to your own requirements.
Are there a minimum number of vehicles?
No - the policy can cover one or more vehicles
How do the partners ensure their future no claims bonus is not prejudiced?
Aon has a Motor Family Group arrangement and can provide a personal lines quotation to drivers who leave the fleet, to include the appropriate level of no claims bonus based on their record on the scheme.Alternatively, Aon will provide a letter confirming the driver’s claims record (which can also be used in conjunction with any previous no claims bonus evidence) to obtain alternative quotes elsewhere.
Who can drive the cars?
Cover is restricted to named drivers –an open certificate will be issued but all drivers must be named and approved by insurers.
Are we insured to travel abroad?
The certificate includes European wording and you are covered to drive on those designated countries to a maximum of 90 days per car without prior notification.Drivers must be 25 or over and have held a full driving licence for a period of 2 years.
Are we covered to drive other cars?
The provision to drive other cars not belonging to you is not automatically included but may be available to partners on request, to cater for those unforeseen emergencies, please be aware cover is restricted to third party cover only.
How do I know the practice will not be penalised for the claims of individual partners or employee or spouses?
It won’t be - If any main user has an adverse record additional terms will be applied to their vehicles only.
Will there be more administration involved with this policy?
Once the policy is set up the partners can contact us direct to notify us of any mid-term changes. However, any invoices and the renewal notice will have to be sent to one designated contact to organise settlement.
- Subject to Terms and Conditions. Exclusions may apply (Cover available to professional occupations, the principal driver must be 25 or over, other drivers are 20 or over and up to 25 cars can be covered. See ‘Policy’ tab for full policy details.)
- All claims are handled directly by the insurer, Aviva Insurance Limited
- Aviva Insurance Limited. Registered office: Pitheavlis, Perth, PH2 0NH. Registered in Scotland, No 2116. Aviva Insurance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Lines open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Telephone calls may be recorded.
The Motor Group insurance is arranged by Aon UK Limited and underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited